Friends of John Paul II Foundation, Washington, D.C. Chapter
We at the Friends of John Paul II Foundation, Washington, D.C. Chapter, have had a busy and wonderfully productive year as we have been expanding our horizons to reach different age groups and populations to spread the legacy of St. John Paul II.
We have been blessed in this endeavor with capable and generous members who devote their time, talents, and support to growing our Chapter.
Last February, we launched our inaugural Outreach Program to college students at a local university. In early May, we sponsored a presentation by a local Polish Drama Group about the life of John Paul II, in English and in Polish, which included a cast of children, youth, and adults, and included poetry, music, and slides. At our 2nd Annual St. John Paul II Lecture in late May, 2016, presenter Maria Juczewska, from the Institute of World Politics, spoke on the topic of “Scholars or Friends? Women in St. John Paul II’s Life.” The talk was preceded by a mass concelebrated by Rev. Canon Philip Majka and Rev. Pawel Sass. The lecture was followed by a delicious luncheon featuring Polish food.
- Wspomnienie św. Cyryla i św. Metodego – patronów Europy i Domu Fundacji Jana Pawła II
- Wieczór opłatkowy Koła Przyjaciół Fundacji Jana Pawła II w ambasadzie polskiej w Paryżu
- John Paul II Foundation in Sydney, Australia
- Spotkanie Opłatkowe Towarzystwa Przyjaciół Fundacji Jana Pawła II w Wielkiej Brytanii
- Msza św. dziękczynna w Domu Fundacji Jana Pawła II