Friends of John Paul II Foundation, Washington, D.C. Chapter
We at the Friends of John Paul II Foundation, Washington, D.C. Chapter, have had a busy and wonderfully productive year as we have been expanding our horizons to reach different age groups and populations to spread the legacy of St. John Paul II.
We have been blessed in this endeavor with capable and generous members who devote their time, talents, and support to growing our Chapter.
Last February, we launched our inaugural Outreach Program to college students at a local university. In early May, we sponsored a presentation by a local Polish Drama Group about the life of John Paul II, in English and in Polish, which included a cast of children, youth, and adults, and included poetry, music, and slides. At our 2nd Annual St. John Paul II Lecture in late May, 2016, presenter Maria Juczewska, from the Institute of World Politics, spoke on the topic of “Scholars or Friends? Women in St. John Paul II’s Life.” The talk was preceded by a mass concelebrated by Rev. Canon Philip Majka and Rev. Pawel Sass. The lecture was followed by a delicious luncheon featuring Polish food.
- Feast of St. Cyril and St. Methodius – patrons of Europe and the John Paul II Foundation Home
- Christmas Wafer Meeting of the John Paul II Foundation’s Chapter at the Polish Embassy in Paris
- John Paul II Foundation in Sydney, Australia
- Christmas Wafer Meeting of the John Paul II Foundation Great Britain Chapter
- Thanksgiving Mass at the John Paul II Foundation Home