The Papal award “Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice” was presented to Cecelia Glembocki by Cardinal Rylko at the Dom Polski in Rome, Italy on October 23, 2016. She received this highest award given by the Holy Father to the faithful for service to the church and the Pope. It was established in 1888 by Pope Leo XIII and is granted for lifelong distinguished service. The presentation was made during the 35th Anniversary of the John Paul II Foundation. Representatives of the foundations’ affiliates from more than 50 countries were present.
Cecelia has been actively involved in the Friends of John Paul II Foundation in Washington, DC for many years and as president for four. She and her husband Raymond represent the ACPC Polish Booth at the National Conference of Social Studies for teachers. More than 4,000 educators have attended this yearly conference for the past seven years.
- Christmas Wafer Meeting of the John Paul II Foundation’s Chapter at the Polish Embassy in Paris
- John Paul II Foundation in Sydney, Australia
- Christmas Wafer Meeting of the John Paul II Foundation Great Britain Chapter
- Thanksgiving Mass at the John Paul II Foundation Home
- Archbishop Marek Jedraszewski – the new Archbishop of Krakow