On Saturday, November 26, 2016, at that John Paul II Foundation Home took place traditional St. Andrew’s evening. It started with a Mass at 6 p.m. which was celebrated by a fellowship recipient from Latvia, Rev. Valdis Driksna.
After the Eucharist, we all gathered in the hall to participate in a humorous performance, combined with the so-called “otrzesiny” of freshmen that is a formal introduction of the first-year students to the group of fellowship awardees of the Foundation. This traditional gathering was prepared by sophomores (students on the second year.) Rev. Jan, the director of the Home, on behalf of all gave thanks to sophomores for the preparation of the meeting. The words of gratitude were directed to Viktoria Bondar, the head person (“staroscina”) of all sophomores. Freshmen were very grateful for the fun evening.
- The consecration of St. John Paul II monument at St. Ferdinand parish in Chicago
- 35th Anniversary of the John Paul II Foundation
- Dedication of the GOLDEN BOOK
- Homily of Stanislaw Cardinal Dziwisz at the Basilica of St. Peter in Rome
- Homily by Archbishop Józef Kowalczyk delivered at the Rome’s church Beata Maria Vergina Immaculata