Joy, excitement ... and mariachis. This is how the Aztec nation greeted Pope Francis. The Pope's plane landed in Benito Juarez Mexico City airport on Saturday, February 13, 2016. at 7:30 p m. local Mexico time.
The President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto and his wife Angelica Rivera welcome Pope Francis upon arrival, as hundreds cheered on.
"Pope Francis, brother, you're already Mexican!”
A group of children brought him flowers and a box containing soil from each of the Mexican states. They dedicated a folklore ballet and this song titled, "Mexico se pinta de luz”.
- Do We Need Another Book About St. John Paul II?
- World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, Pope Gives Simple Tips for Showing Love
- The most powerful lines from Pope Francis' address to U.S. Congress
- Pope Francis in Havana: We do not serve ideas, we serve people
- Highlights: It's described as the Pope's most moving speech in Latin America